{What's for Breakfast?} Baked Eggs Breakfast

April 02, 2013

{How can it be a good friday without a good homemade breakfast?}

Every now and then, I get bored of eating the same breakfast every morning. So during the weekends or when I am on holiday, I try to make myself a fancier alternative with still the same ingredients found in my fridge. I eat spinach salad everyday at work, so there's always a box of spinach sitting in my fridge. For breakfast this holiday, I try to incorporate these spinach into my dish so that they can be finished sooner. And yes, another breakfast dish with eggs.



{Baked Egg Breakfast with spinach, tomatoes, onions, cheese and turkey bacon}




{Ingredients} for 1 serving

2 strips of chicken bacon (I like to be healthier)
2 large eggs
1 slice of cheddar cheese (sliced into bits)
1 bunch of spinach
5 cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
1/4 cup of diced onions
1 tablespoon of olive oil
cooking spray
salt and pepper


{Instructions}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I use the small oven)
  1. Spray pan with cooking spray and pan fry chicken bacons in medium heat until crisp on both sides. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to absorb the oil, cut into small pieces
  2. Add olive oil and cook diced onions until translucent
  3. Add in spinach to onions and mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover pan to steam for 2-3 minutes
  4. Cut cherry tomatoes in halves
  5. Layer the spinach mixture to the bottom of a oven safe ramekin
  6. Add in cherry tomatoes and bacon pieces
  7. Break eggs over the cheese
  8. Sprinkle cheese on top without covering yolks
  9. Place ramekin into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until yolks are set


{Add an english crumpet with strawberry jam}


{With a glass of freshly squeezed strawberry juice - a life complete}


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram