{Recipe} Chocolate Chip Waffle with Caramelized Pears

January 07, 2017

{Recipe} Holiday Breakfast Chocolate Chip Waffle with Caramelized Pears

Happy New Year everyone!

I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly. I took a week off from work to just snuggle at home away from the cold for the holiday. And even though, I've been eating 'til my belly drop almost every day but that's still not enough to stop me from whipping up new recipes in my kitchen. If you're curious about what I've made in the past, you can check out my homemade holiday goodies here and here.

For some reasons, my craving for sweet stuffs gets more serious when I'm on holiday. So, I took a look at my pantry and used what I have on hand to create this holiday guilty pleasure.

Let's get started!

{Recipe} Holiday Breakfast Chocolate Chip Waffle with Caramelized Pears

{Recipe} - Chocolate Chips Waffle with Caramelized Pears

Ingredients 


  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 pear*
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
*  I used Asian pear because that's what I had on hand.  Asian pear is less sweet and is crispier in texture. You could use another type of pear of your choice.

Instructions 


{Waffle}


  1. Preheat waffle iron
  2. Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy
  3. Add in milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, and salt
  4. Sift and add in flour
  5. Beat all ingredients until smooth
  6. Fold in chocolate chips
  7. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray
  8. Pour mixture onto waffle iron
  9. Cook until golden brown

{Caramelized Pears}


  1. Cut pear into 1/4 inch thick wedge form
  2. Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat
  3. Sprinkle brown sugar over top until bubbling and melted, approximately 3 minutes
  4. Add in lemon juice
  5. Add sliced pears 
  6. Sprinkle cinnamon on top
  7. Cook and stir until mixture is caramelized or until pears are soft
  8. Pour over hot waffles

{Recipe} Holiday Breakfast Chocolate Chip Waffle with Caramelized Pears

{Recipe} Holiday Breakfast Chocolate Chip Waffle with Caramelized Pears





These are so easy to make. The batter can be made ahead and kept in the fridge as well.

Happy 2017!





I’m linking this project up at some terrific blog parties – you can find my complete list of places I party HERE.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ah, now I know what to whip up for tomorrow's breakfast! Looks so yummy! Will copy your recipe. :D

    Thanks for sharing it over at <a href="http://www.kriskamarie.com/2017/01/food-friday-link-up-party.html”>Food Friday</a>. Hope to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. This looks sinfully delicious. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing. I would never have thought of putting chocolate together with pears.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram