Happy Thanksgiving

October 13, 2009

My first time cooking a chicken. It was quite a frightening experience during the preparation stage. I had to put my hand into the chicken's body to clean the inside of the chicken..it was kinda disgusting...I'm glad there was no organs inside....And then after that, I had to chop the chicken's head and legs...omg... >O< it was very very very 恐佈. I felt very sorry for the chicken, but I still had to cook it and eat it. I'm sorry Mr. Chicken.


Before Roasting


I didn't really stuff anything inside the chicken, I guess I will go for a more complicated recipe in the future, but I'll stick with a simpler recipe for now. All I did was mixing basil, ground sage, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil together and brushed onto the outside of the chicken and roast it in the oven. I also made my own cranberry sauce to go with the chicken, which was made out of fresh cranberries. I prepared it in the morning and kept it in the fridge till dinner time. I think it will go very well with a plain new york cheese cake too. May be I'll make one soon.





After Roasting


Tala~ Roasted Chicken with Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving


The chicken turned out pretty good, very tender in the inside, not dry at all. Too bad I added a bit more seasoning to the top of the chicken in the end, so ended up being quite salty...sigh I shouldn't even had added them. But it went pretty well with the cranberry sauce. My dad thinks the chicken tastes better than the one from Swiss Chalet. haha That's so great to hear! I've achieved something!
My first chicken was a great success! 感恩! 感恩!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, my name is Lorita. This is a journal of my personal style, travel adventures, food excursions, recipe experiments, DIY tutorials and every little thing in life.


Instagram