{My Diet Journey} Fried Eggs and Tomatoes

April 26, 2011


Ever since I started on this south beach diet, I've been cooking for myself. And all I've been eating evolves around western style dishes like baked fillet, pan-fried chicken, roasted veggies etc. This morning after having some french toast sticks and away from eggs for breakfast, I decided to bring eggs to my dinner instead. So I made the most basic yet most popular Chinese dish of all time, Fried Eggs and Tomatoes 番茄炒蛋.


Fried Eggs and Tomatoes 番茄炒蛋

Ingredients:

1 Large egg
1 Medium size tomato
1 dash of chicken powder aka. chicken broth mix (optional)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 dash of sweetener (depending on how sweet the tomatoes are)
1 tbsp of olive oil

Instructions:

1. Beat egg in a bowl and mix with chicken powder. Cut tomato in wedge form.

2. Heat skillet with Olive oil. In medium-low heat, pour egg into skillet and layer it like you would do your omelette.

3. When egg is half-cooked, scramble it up and put to the side of the skillet.

4. Add tomatoes into the other side and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and fry them.

5. Mix the scrambled eggs with the tomatoes. The egg will absorb the flavour of the salt from the tomato juice.

6. Simmer for 1 minute and serve.

{ Healthy and delicious 番茄炒蛋 }

I would prefer to serve this dish with a bowl of rice or noodles of some sort, yet I am not allowed to have rice so I serve it with some veggies. It is still very tasty and definitely boost up my appetite. This is the first dish I made in my south beach diet plan that allows me to use my chopsticks! woohoo~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram