{My Diet Journey} Pan Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms, Onions and Rosemary

April 17, 2011

So I finally survived from the toughest part of the diet journey: attending friend's birthday party and dining out in a group. I guess when you have a definite goal in mind, you will automatically be very determined and conquer all obstacles ahead. That works for me at least.

Here is what I tried cooking for another night with chicken breast:



Pan Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms, Onions and Rosemary


Ingredients:

Skinless, boneless chicken breast
Salt & pepper to season chicken
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 red onions chopped
Sliced mushrooms
Rosemary sprigs


Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim all fats from chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper

2. Heat frying pan with olive oil and brown chicken well on both sides, for about 10 minutes.

3. Remove chicken from frying pan and place in oven tray. Add onions and mushrooms into frying pan and saute for 3 minutes. Add in rosemary.

4. Pour mushrooms and onions over chicken pieces and roast for 30 minutes. Make sure thickest part of the chicken is cooked.


I like how the chicken breast has a bit of the sauce from the mushroom and onions and the inside is not too dry as well.


Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram