{My Diet Journey} Spinach and Cheese Omelette with Salsa

April 29, 2011


Starting my morning with a spinach and cheese omelette with salsa sauce. Pretty straight forward and simple. I just grabbed whatever I find in my fridge and toss them into the pan. Obviously I'm going to have some spinach and onions lying around because I have been eating them in my salad every lunch now. I added non-fat cheddar cheese because I really like the melted cheese flavour in my dish.

Spinach and Cheese Omelette with Salsa

Ingredients:

2 Large eggs
1/4 cup of onions, diced
1 handful of spinach, chopped
1 slice of non-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
2 tbsp of Salsa sauce

Instructions:

1. Beat eggs in a bowl. Heat skillet with cooking spray or olive oil

2. Saute spinach and onions for 2 minutes or until soft. Distribute them evenly in one single flat layer on the skillet.

3. Pour in eggs and distribute mixture evenly to cover all spinach and onions.

4. Cook for 1-2 minutes in medium-low heat. When eggs are half cooked, sprinkle cheese on top.

5. Fold omelette in half and cook for 1 minute on both sides.

6. Serve with salsa sauce.

{ The salsa balances the cheese flavour out }

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram