{My Diet Journey} Stuffed Chicken with Cheese in Salsa Sauce

April 20, 2011

Today, I decided to cook chicken breasts again. I mean if it's not chicken breast, I'll be eating fillet... how boring! But then, I wonder if I can actually do something like pizza pop but with chicken breasts. So I decided to insert a non-fat cheddar cheese inside the chicken breast and see how it turns out.



Stuffed Chicken with Cheese in Salsa Sauce

Ingredients:

1 pc chicken breast
2 tbsp of Salsa sauce
2 tbsp of vegetable cocktail  V-8
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/4 red onions, chopped
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 slice of non-fat cheddar cheese
Japanese spicy seasoning
Salt and pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.


1. Trim fat of chicken breast and cut chicken horizontally to make pocket.

2. Cut cheese in half and insert into pocket. Secure opening with toothpick.

3. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle a bit of spicy seasoning.

4. Heat skillet with oil and saute garlic. Add in onions and saute for 2 minutes.

5. Brown chicken on both sides and transfer to baking tray.

6. Put into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until it is fully cooked.

7. Add salsa sauce to skillet and V-8 and saute in low heat.

8. Serve chicken breast on plate and remove toothpick. Pour salsa sauce over chicken.


{ Melted cheese inside }

I like how it turns out. The cheese will over flow and comes out from the gap, so make sure you have to close it tight with the toothpick prior to cooking. I love the salsa sauce and cheese together with the chicken. It's like eating Pizza but it's chicken! LOL

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram