{Outfit Challenge} A Mad Men Makeover

April 29, 2011

{Mad Men Makeover}


I know I have been blogging all about food and my South Beach Diet journey lately. Since my diet was limited, I have been hiding away at home.

I attended a birthday party recently and thought that it was interesting. It was in a Mad Men theme. I haven't watched a single episode but I have heard good things about it. I love dressing up to theme parties. I enjoy being a different person once in awhile. But this theme is actually quite a headache for me, how do I dress up for Mad Men when I don't know anything about it? Thanks to Google, I have everything I need to undertake this dress up party.

Here is some background research for ideas:






So after I did my research, I pretty much have an idea of what to do. Like how I normally do things, I first find whatever I need from my house and in this case, my closet. Ah-Ha! Look what I found.

{A form-fitted dress (Winners), satin gloves (H&M), caramel colour hand purse (Aldo)}



{Poofy dress jacket (Forever 21)}





Most of the ladies in Mad Men wears a form-fitted dress, so it's great that I'm able to find one from my closet. I also found a poofy jacket that I can use as an outer layer. The next thing I need to find is my accessories to go with the look. I need a brooch, a long necklace and a pair of gold earrings. I think gold is classic and popular in the Mad Men setting.

So I searched in my mom's jewelery box, she doesn't have a lot of jeweleries. but I actually found a few brooches that she got as gifts.

These are the accessories that I've gathered:


{Gold heart shaped pendent necklace (gift), gold pearl earrings (Zipia), my mom's brooch}
As for shoes, I think a pair of burgundy heels with straps can make my outfit pop.

{Maroon pumps with straps from Hong Kong}

The main core to pull this Mad Men look together is the hair! I've never tried doing a beehive hairdo before since it's not a style I'd wear normally. But at least now I have an occasion to try it out! The trickiest part of this hairdo is how to make your hair at the crown of your head and stay in a bump shape? To help me, I went to the Dollarama and bought this:

{Bumpits!  Only $2!}

Anybody who wants to try doing beehive hairdo for the first time, I recommend to go buy this bumpits at a dollar shop. It costs $10-20 in places like Wal-mart. I always think it's a rip off. I'm glad Dollarama sells them too! Score! With everything I need, I've finally achieved my look.

{In love with my beehive hairdo!}








I love the way my hair turns out! Hope there's another chance for me to do it again!

Behind the scenes:




{Outfit Challenge}

You Might Also Like

4 comments

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, my name is Lorita. This is a journal of my personal style, travel adventures, food excursions, recipe experiments, DIY tutorials and every little thing in life.


Instagram