{Costume DIY} How to be a Bullet Bill for Halloween

November 08, 2012

Bullet Bill DIY Outfit for Halloween
{ Trying to imitate Bullet Bill's round cheeks and evil expression }




Have you guys picked up a costume for Halloween this year? or are you looking for a last minute costume idea? I love Halloween. It's the only time other than your birthday that you can dress up and be foolish without anybody judging you. Like my previous years of Halloween, I did a last minute scramble from my closet to find something to dress up for. It also needs to be work appropriate. Knowing that most of my colleagues at my department would not be dressing up, I didn't want to be over the top and crazy with full costumes and make up. Check out my Halloween costume ideas.

This year, I decided to dress up as Bullet Bill. This is also an easy DIY Halloween costume/outfit for people who are last minute like me. Let's get started!


What you will need are:



  • A pair of white gloves ( I got mine at Wal-Mart for $0.89! Such a win!)
  • A plain black cap (trucker hat is best)
  • Red, white, black felts (Michael's or dollar shop)
  • Fabric glue (Fabricland or Michael's)
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Needle and thread
  • Crafty hands


Instructions:


Download this template and cut out pieces from felts according to the colours
  1. Glue the eye pieces with fabric glue and paste onto the cap
  2. Glue the mouth pieces with fabric glue and paste underneath the visor
  3. Bend the visor up for a good few minutes so it will hold its shape
  4. Cut out a piece of cardboard into a visor shape following the template or adjust to match your cap's visor.
  5. Glue the black visor felt pieces on both sides of the cardboard, leaving the hem outside of the inner curve. 
  6. Glue the remaining mouth piece onto the top layer of black felted cardboard.
  7. With black thread, hand-stitch along the visor hem to the inside of the cap, making sure the teeth are facing up. 
And you're done!


Bullet Bill DIY Outfit for Halloween - Cap

For the outfit, nothing can go wrong with just all black for work, especially when Bullet Bill is black. I wore a black shirt, a peplum skirt and sheer tights so that you don't become a shadow. Put on a pair of black heels and done!

Bullet Bill DIY Outfit for Halloween 

I actually wore a pair of 4-inch black platform heels and found out that was a big mistake. I am 5 feet 4 and with the heels I became taller or at least at eye level with most people in the office. So nobody could actually see the face on my cap... Next time, I'll wear something shorter.

{Costume DIY} How to be a Bullet Bill for Halloween


Check out my other Halloween DIY Costume Ideas!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram