{Outfit Challenge} Ugly Sweater Turned Pretty

December 20, 2012



I've never participated in any Ugly Sweaters event before. Mostly because I don't own a sweater that I think is ugly enough for this kind of party. I mean, why would I buy an ugly sweater in the first place anyway? But this year, to take part in the December Days of Giving event at work, I decided to go for it. I love dressing up when I'm given a reason.

So, I need to find myself an ugly sweater. Few colleagues I know were planning to buy one from Value Village or dollar stores. I don't like the idea of buying things that I don't have a use later on. So, I decided to just search around the house and test my luck instead.

I want a sweater that is colourful with patterns. Surprisingly, I found one from my dad's closet! I didn't even ask him to let me borrow it since he was out of town. I wasn't sure how he would react if he finds out why I need his sweater. His knitted sweater is huge on me, sleeves almost down to my kneecaps. I wasn't sure if I actually want to step out the door with this sweater on unless I make it stylish.






I'm happy with what I put together. I layered a dress shirt and tucked in the collar of the sweater so that you can see the shirt underneath. I rolled up the sweater sleeves to expose the shirt cuffs. To show that I have waistline, I put on a brown woven belt and paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans. To complete the look, I wore a knitted hat and black nerdy glasses as accessories. Oh and I also wore my oxford-ish pumps and brown shoulder bag. They all look great together with the outfit.

It's funny how people actually thought I own this sweater and I get compliments on my outfit. I guess I did a pretty good job owning it and I'm happy with the way I look. One of my colleagues even said I remind him of those Harajuku girls from Gwen Stefani's music video. I hope that's a good thing.

Then, with this, I am stunned to find out I actually won the Ugly Sweater contest for our department! The reward was a $100 donation to a charity of my choice. What a great prize! My daddy would be proud. I think I'm starting to like this ugly sweater idea. I can't wait to do some more!



{Outfit Challenge}

A Mad Men Makeover
What to Wear for an Engagement Photo shoot
Day to Night Easy Outfit Transition


P.S. I’m linking this project up at some terrific blog parties – you can find my complete list of places I party HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram