The Superman Breakfast {Playing with Food}

June 24, 2013

I went to watch my first Superman movie (Man of Steel) with my friend just the past weekend. Honestly, I did not know what to expect. I know what Superman does and how powerful he is, but I have absolutely no idea what was the story behind and how Superman evolves. I guess I am not exactly a complete superhero fan as I thought I was. I think I like Iron Man, Spiderman and all X-men movies the most.

In honour of this superhero, however, I made an easy depiction of his logo using bread, cheese, bacon and jam for breakfast. I must say, I quite enjoy making this.




{Ingredients} - per serving

A slice of bread
Strawberry jam
A slice of cheddar cheese
Bacon slice or chicken bacon slice
Butter or margarine




{Instructions}

  1. Trim the crust of the bread and cut the edges diagonally into the shield shape
  2. Put into oven until become toast
  3. Apply butter or margarine
  4. Take a slice of cheddar cheese and trim the edges diagonally into the shield shape smaller than the toast
  5. Put the cheese on top of toast
  6. Coat the border of the toast with strawberry jam, careful not to go over onto the cheese.
  7. Pan fry bacon slice until lightly crisp and lightly absorb the oil using paper towel
  8. Using a pair of scissors, trim into smaller pieces so you can form the letter "S" onto the cheese
  9. And enjoy!
If you're a superhero fan, you may also want to check out my other superhero inspired breakfast here or my Captain America Pistachio Cake.

Who is your favourite superhero?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is adorable! I love your posts, so glad I've found your blog :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and your comment, Alice! :D

      Delete
  2. Seems delicious! You are really creative :)

    would you follow my blog? http://yourfashionboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catarina :) I'll check out your blog.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram