{Strawberry Challenge} Rolled Up Pancakes with Mixed Berries Lemonade Soda

August 05, 2013

A friend recently gave me two full boxes of strawberries to bring home from her house warming barbecue party. If you have read my previous post about my obsession with strawberries, you'll know that I won't say no to this offer. Later, I came home to find out I actually already have two boxes sitting in my fridge! Now, I have four boxes of strawberries to finish before they turn bad...

So, this is what I'm planning to do, I will go on a Strawberry Challenge to come up with a dish each day to finish off these strawberries.

Here is my first one:




{Strawberry Rolled Up Pancakes} - Recipe


{Ingredients}

3 eggs
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp skim milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sugar free strawberry jam
Strawberries
Blueberries (optional)
Whipped cream (optional)

{Instructions:}

  1. Heat up skillet over medium heat
  2. Lightly grease skillet with cooking spray or butter
  3. Beat eggs and stir in milk, sugar, vanilla and flour. Mix well.
  4. Pour batter onto the skillet and smooth into a circle
  5. Flip within few minutes for each side until lightly brown
  6. Remove from skillet when both sides are evenly golden
  7. Spread strawberry jam and fruits at the centre of the pancake, put on whipped cream and roll it up.
  8. Enjoy!

These pancakes are spongy to taste and full of yolky flavour so pairing with a cup of tea or a light lemonade soda will be the best.

Try this:

{Mixed Berries Lemonade Soda with Basil} - Recipe



{You will need}

1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
Water
Lemonade soda mix
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
SodaStream machine

{Instructions:}

  1. Place strawberries, blueberries and leaves in the bottom of a glass jar and mash them up to release the juices
  2. In a separate jar, fill it with water and insert into SodaStream machine to carbonate. Check out my SodaStream post or video.
  3. Add in lemonade soda mix into carbonated water. Give it a gentle shake.
  4. Pour lemonade soda into glass jar with the mashed fruits and stir.
  5. Refrigerate for few hours or overnight to infuse more flavour.
  6. Enjoy!

For a less filling alternative of the rolled up pancakes, try the Easy Banana Crepes.
Bon appetite!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram